Sunday, April 6, 2008

Hope

During worship this morning my Dad brought up the point that he hasn't always had the opportunity to say goodbye to loved ones and that the chance he had to go up to Washington and tell Uncle Harry goodbye (his uncle, my Great Uncle) and that he loved him really is a gift. Viewed in this light the opportunity I had to say goodbye was a real gift, and one that I may not always get. That brings me hope and makes me ponder something.

It seems fairly cliche, and it is, however that bit about how we don't know what's coming around the corner. It reminds me of the importance of treating each moment as though we weren't sure there was going to be another one, and perhaps even not waiting so long for decisions given that view. I don't know if it will actually change anything for me, at least right now, but I will certainly have to keep wrestling with that idea.

0 comments:

Counter