Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Changes

I was at a birthday dinner with a bunch of earlier this evening and something became very clear. I've changed. I am in no way the same person I was even last semester, really, although I am. Many of my less than good habits have fallen to the wayside, I'm far more sensitive and social than I was. I hear stories of who I was then, I even tell stories of who I was then, and I can't imagine doing them now.

And yet, I feel like most/all of the changes have been for the better. I'm actually a much better person now than I was then, and I really don't think I was really a bad person then either. It's crazy to think how much we/God/our friends can influence us for the better. (or in some cases for the worse.)

I'm excited and terrified of where God is taking me next, I finally got the ball rolling again for my seminary app. I go to Cambodia in a few weeks. And I'm finding myself virtually redesigning the rest of my life. For almost four years I
knew that I was going to be a senior pastor at some church and hopefully dally in social justice. Now I'm finding myself thinking about focusing entirely on social justice, and do ministry either outside the church entirely or in a more para-church setting. 


Also, my word of the Day is AgapÄ“.

0 comments:

Counter