Saturday, March 1, 2008

Sunshine

I've come to realize that I am a creature of the sun. When the sun breaks through the clouds (not an altogether common occurrence here) my mood is lifted and I enjoy being social and going out doing stuff. When it is dreary though, and overcast and blah, I find myself spending more time inside. Not just inside walls, but being more internalized and less "out there." 


I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, but just a discovery that I've made in recent months.

Speaking of self-discovery, I've been perusing my old blog posts from back in the day. I spoke on the phone with an old friend from High School who I hadn't spoken to since we graduated, he observed that even over the phone I seemed less keyed up and more laid back than when he knew me in High School. At the time I just sort of shrugged it off, however having read my blog from back then I'm beginning to think he may have a point. 

In many ways I'm not at all the person I was then, it wasn't a change I sought (though in retrospect I would have) but it's still a change that happened. It's almost enough to make me wish I'd been more consistent at blogging over the past few years, so I could get a more full view of my personality changes as they happened.

Interestingly enough, according to Meyer's(sp?)-Briggs I'm still ENFP, which is what I was in high school. I'm not sure what to make of that.

0 comments:

Counter