Friday, March 7, 2008

So, this morning my Geography class ended after 15 minutes of watching a movie. (More on that later...)


When I got home I decided to Google Cambodia and see what popped up, as I'll be heading there in just a couple months. One of the first articles to show up was http://japanfocus.org/products/details/2687. Stories like these tear me up on the inside, that this kind of pain goes on in the world. It tears me up even more to think that I'll be heading there in just a couple months, be in the same City where this "riverfront" area is, and yet I won't be able to do anything to fix the situation. I won't be able to ease the pain of these children who are being exploited in the some of the most horrible ways possible. 

I actually got teary eyed as I read it, which isn't something I do terribly often.

It hurts my heart.

0 comments:

Counter