Sunday, March 2, 2008

New living room arrangement

So, after two years my roommate finally decided that it was time to change from our "temporary" layout that we created when we first moved in. We shifted the orientation of the whole room 90 degrees clockwise, which has done a couple things.


1) It's made the room feel more like a niche, as the living room is it's own area instead of centering on the main flow of "traffic" from the front door to the back of the apartment.

2) It's made the room feel a lot bigger, from the couch you can see into the kitchen a bit, which opens up the area.

It makes me curious how many other areas I go into every day that could be made more comfortable simply by reorganizing.

I will mention that there is an incredible amount of stuff that builds up under a couch when it's sat there for a while. Also, that trying to move all of the cables for the sound system and television is a pain and makes you back hurt.

Oh another note entirely, I'm going to the main meeting for my Mexico mission trip in a couple hours. I can't believe that I'm going to Mexico for Spring Break, Yakama for Memorial Day and Cambodia after graduation. I wasn't really planning on doing most of these things, in fact at the beginning of the school year I had in mind to not do a mission trip this year. 

And yet there is a sense of "rightness" about these trips, as though going really is what I should be doing. 
I'm excited.

0 comments:

Counter