Saturday, June 28, 2008

All over the place

I feel as though time is speeding up. It seems like just yesterday that I was walking down the aisle at my college graduation, and yet here I am approaching two months later and it feels like it has flown by.


I still don't know what I'm doing, not really. I'm going to call the seminary tomorrow and chat with the admissions person, but somehow I have a hard time seeing any possible way to be financially responsible and still attend school this fall.

If I don't attend then I have to try to find a more permanent living situation, I have until October to find a more permanent job. I have to figure out if I can be a "student" on my parents' health insurance if I take one graduate level class. I have to figure out what to do recreationally for the next year, I can think of a few things but even so.

On the other hand, things that I assumed were given or at least real possibilities are beginning to fall away. I'm left wondering how I'm going to make it through the next year, no matter what. 

At the same time, my life right now has been an adventure. I rear-ended someone at an intersection a couple days ago. He started going and then slammed on his brakes for no reason, just as I looked away for half a second. It was unbelievable as we got out and chatted when he told me that his car was a rental and therefore he didn't really care about the damage.

In a few days I'm going to have to move from my townhouse to another house with some friends, but as it stands I have to be moving out by the last week of August or so. 

My driver side window has come off of its mechanism inside, and now it slips around wildly inside the door. 

I got a phone call the other day from our translator in Cambodia, he wanted to let me know that he talked to the kids at the orphanage and wanted to let me know that they missed us. I periodically think back to those three weeks, and wonder how they've changed me. I don't even know, I'm sure that it did but for the moment I can't nail down what changed. 


0 comments:

Counter