Monday, May 5, 2008

Done

Well, that's it. I'm done. Completely done with college, except for commencement. It has begun to sink in, and yet is not sinking in at all. I'm surrounded by friends who are going "pure nostalgia" and I am barely beginning to feel sentimental. I think that it will sink in as we get farther into finals weeks, and I have nothing to do and other people are studying even harder that it may sink in.


I think that the stress that I've been under (this post) is finally beginning to manifest itself. I'm finding that my memory (mostly short-mid term) is beginning to get kind of unreliable. While I'm glad that it has waited this long to start, it does worry me a little. I haven't really forgotten anything important, but my chronology is getting all messed up. I was asked a little bit ago what I thought about our missions meeting last night, it took me a while to figure out what in the world last night was and then what meeting she was talking about. I don't really have any trouble remembering the meeting itself, but it is still a weird feeling to have no solid feel for the flow of time.

I think that maybe I've put up temporary walls again, so that I could make it through the last couple weeks? I think they are temporary because they are fairly specific to the moving after college, but it's just one more thing for me to keep in mind (if it will stay here ;-) ) as I move forward. 

The weather was unbelievable today though. Sometimes I forget just how much the sunlight truly brings me joy, and how down the forever overcast-edness of Eugene can get me down. It has been a good day.

0 comments:

Counter